January 28, 2016 0
We are so proud and grateful at My Hair Trip Salon Denver to have more 5-star ratings and reviews than any other eco-friendly salon in Colorado! We pride ourselves on putting the health and wellness of our clients and staff above all else. Each company we partner with is 100% within our ethos as well.
Look Good. Feel Good. Be Good. This is our motto, and it is the key to our clients’ happiness. When you look good, then you can feel good. When you feel good, then you can be good. We focus on listening to our clients. What do they want for their look? Why do they want that? What direction are they wanting to go in the future? Through our focus on the needs of the client and the utilization of the best eco-friendly and natural products today and into the future, we are able to provide a greater value than the prices we charge, and it is our promise that we always will.
Our clients come to us from Denver, Boulder, Aurora, Colorado Springs, Vail, Summit County, Morrison, Golden, Steamboat, Castle Rock, Florida, California, Texas, and its because we offer products, services, and an experience that you can only get one place, My Hair Trip Salon Denver.
No nasty, harmful chemicals here! We promise we will never use anything with ammonia, sulfates, parabens, or that has been tested on animals. We can get you the look that you want, guaranteed, but that’s not all that we do. We are an organic beauty shop that can help our clients’ fulfill and supplement all aspects of their lives, body, mind, and spirit.
We also are faithful and walk with Jesus Christ, but our doors and arms are open to all who come. Please come as you are. We are a place of peace and of purpose to enrich the lives of our clients and staff.
So come check us out and let us serve you.Leave a reply
August 27, 2014 0
Summer time means being active and having fun, swimming and being outside in the sun. It’s great being active and busy for the summer, and some women forget to take care of their hair, so when September comes, it’s good to do some maintenance on your locks, and My Hair Trip will tell you what you need to get your hair back to healthy.
1. Get a trim: Your hairs natural oils keep it protected and supple, sun and chlorine sap those oils from your hair. This can cause split ends and frizziness. Getting a cut of a half inch or so can make your hair look better, instantly.
2. Rehydrate daily: instead of your regular conditioner try using one of our conditioners from Davines or Phia designed for dry and/or damaged hair. If your hair is really dry or damaged, leave your conditioner in your hair rather than rinsing. Also, picking up one of our hair serums and/or mists might be a good idea.
3. Make sure you choose the right shampoo. Shampoos that are made for washing out chlorine are awesome for days when you are actually swimming. But if you already have chlorine damage, those shampoos don’t do much good. Instead, use a hydrating type like Davines’s Oi shampoo or any of our Phia products which will literally work magic enriching and moisturizing your hair, while it cleans it.
4. Wash your hair only when it is necessary. There’s literally nothing better for your hair than its own natural oils, so shampooing every day washes those oils out of your hair and doesn’t give them time to work their way down the hair shaft. You probably want to try to go at least one day between shampoos — two to three if your hair can handle it.
5. Brush, brush, brush! A great way to let your hair’s natural oils repair your damaged hairs is through regular brushing. “It distributes the natural oils and encourages your hair to shine. We recommend to our clients to brush their hair every evening.
6. Keep an eye on your hair and look for signs of serious dehydration. If you are running into the common problem with your hair not holding any style that you try to do to it, that means it is seriously dehydrated from summer. To fix this problem, avoid styling products that will dry your hair, such as gels that contain alcohol, and any maximum-hold hairsprays.
7. The foods you eat can help to nourish your hair. Good fats, such as omega-3s, and B vitamins actually help hair grow strong, shiny, and full of body. Try adding salmon, tuna, nuts, and seeds to your diet. You don’t have to go crazy or overload on these foods, your body only absorbs a certain amount daily anyway.
8. Use cool air setting to dry your hair. The heat from your blowdryer will damage hair the same way that the sun does. While you’re nursing your hair back to health, switch to the cool setting on your blow dryer.
9. Don’t use hot tools for a little while. Heated metal styling tools like flat irons and curling irons can cause more damage to your locks.
10. Try one of our hair masks or moisturizing oil treatments. Our stylists and clients have been raving about our all natural, super effective essential oil treatments. This is your fastest most effective path back to healthy hair.Leave a reply